Thursday, June 23, 2011

My Husband "The Firefighter"

Here is the story.
Jeremy started Fire Academy back in January 2010. After 4 months of fire drills, studying, boot camp, running and more studying, he graduated April 2010. I am so proud of him.
He then told me he wanted to get into the Paramedic Academy. A lot of fire stations in Utah recommend Paramedic schooling in order to get hired on to a station.
He tested and got into Paramedic School!
He started August 2010. After 8 months of extreme studying, clinicals, more studying and a lot more clinicals, he graduated April 2011.
He interviewed with a few fire departments in Utah and one fire department in Oregon.
The night he flew into Portland, Oregon he missed a call from Provo. So after sleeping in a rental car all night in a church parking lot in McMinnville, Oregon, he woke up quick and called Provo to find out they offered him the job! He was so ex static, he told me he was shaking. He still went through the testing with McMinnville, but he was not able to finish his physical test because he had to catch his plane back to Utah. But I know he did not care because he got the job with Provo. I picked him up from the airport Monday night on June 6th and we celebrated by going to dinner at the Mayan and hanging out with friends at Nunn Park after.
I am so proud of him and I know he is proud of himself too.
Jeremy deserves this and prayer goes along way. Thank you to everyone who prayed for us.
(Jeremy in his Paramedic/Firefighter uniform, I love how Loney is just hanging out in the background)
Love,
Kristin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...