Saturday, April 23, 2011

It's a..............................................

 We are having a baby girl! We are so excited to finally tell all of our friends and family. It was so hard to keep it a secret for 3 weeks. I really give parents props for not knowing what they are having until the baby is born. My mom and dad did that with my sister and I. CRAZY! We were so anxious.
So after Jeremy's graduation. We brought everyone back to give them the surprise. All of Jeremy's family and our friends were asking if we knew the gender yet and we kept saying no.....
So when we finally got home, we had the patio decorated in blue balloons. We stopped everyone at the driveway and told them we knew the gender and everyone got so happy, excited and mad that we lied! hahaha! We did not lie, we fibbed a little. So we took everyone to the porch where the blue balloons hung and everyone said "Oh it's a boy"! So we gathered everyone in the living room. Jeremy had rigged a little contraption up the night before. I have been working on a banner for the surprise, so Jeremy set the banner up and covered it with balloons tied to fish wire. Jeremy's mom said to me "Why am I not surprised that it's a boy". I laughed! Just so everyone knows the history behind the Hawley's, Joan and Rick had 6 boys. There has not been a Hawley girl yet. Until now! Jeremy said to his mom and dad "Well here it is" and he pulled the strings revealing the "IT'S A GIRL" banner. Everyone screamed!
It was a fun day! We all cried from the excitement! The most touching part was when we revealed the name.
Jeremy and I video tapped the whole thing. I will try to figure out how to get it on the computer and then my blog.
After all the congrats! We headed out to Cheesecake Factory to celebrate Jeremy's graduation and our friend Amber's 26th birthday! She is 2 weeks pregnant before me with a girl too! I wish we would have gotten a picture together. She is so tiny but she has a belly bump already! She is so cute!
We had a great day spent with family and friends!
Love,
Kristin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...