Friday, May 27, 2011

Drink Me...

Today was my Gestational Diabetes test. I had been staring at the bottle of red liquid sitting in our refrigerator for 4 weeks now reading the directions not once, not twice but about 50 times before the day of testing. So this morning I opened the bottle and starting drinking. Hmmmm...not to bad. It taste's a little like watered down fruit punch. Took some more gulps and Yuck! This stuff leaves a sugar grainy taste in my mouth. Jeremy was laughing while I was drinking. He told me it was all in my head (which I completely agree with him on that) Just knowing something like this came from the Doctors Office made me think instantly that it was medicine. I chugged the remaining liquid and gagged. Oh Goodness, sometimes I can be a little bit of a baby. Hahaha! The nurse drew some blood (not one of my favorite things) and then we heard Mazie's strong, fast and healthy heartbeat. We are so excited!!! We have our last 4 week appointment in June and then we are going every 2 weeks :) I swear, I hype myself up for every appointment, I get so excited to see or hear Mazie and then it ends in 10 minutes and then I have to wait another 4 weeks. I can't wait till the 2 week appointments start.

Love,
Kristin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...