Sunday, May 15, 2011

It finally hit me....

That I'm having a baby in 4 months!
It hit me while I was leaving work on Friday. I was walking to my car and I realized I will be having a little baby soon. Not only are we having a baby that we are going to take care of and love, but Mazie will be my pride & joy, my constant worry and the love of my life. It made me happy and scared at the same time. Then I started thinking about the birth, whether to get the epidural or to go natural. For some people that don't know me very well, I love, love, love horror movies and love being scared, but the bloody parts are not for me and I hate needles and giving blood. I really get lightheaded every time. I know it's all in my head, but how do I fight it? I really want to go natural but I'm afraid if I can't push enough or am in to much pain they will have to do a c-section. And I am not for C-Sections. Being awake during the tugging, ripping and pulling, I DON'T THINK SO! I would be scarred for life! My next appointment is in 2 weeks and I will be meeting with my doctor to discuss my birth plan (hopefully) also I am taking the dreaded Diabetes test. I've heard it sucks from friends, so I am hoping they made it sound more worse then it really is.
Love,
Kristin

2 comments:

  1. The diabetes check where you pee in a jug for 24 hours! Yeah it's lame! As far as Bessemer and stuff go that won't hurt as bad as no epidural, the point o the epidural is so your body relaxes and you get to see your little girl sooner with out I can take days, my cousin went natural and she was in labor for 6 days to the point where the baby was in danger if something didn't give! An epidural help ease that transition and in the long run from a medical peeps rive is a wise choice, also usually they turn it off so you can feel for your delivery to push so you still get to feel the process and joy of bringing her into the world. The needle part is over in seconds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mandi, this is good information and makes me feel better. Everyone keeps telling me the best way is to go with the epidural.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...