Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Mazie's Corner is Complete!

Yes! I am finally done with Mazie's little space.
I feel much better that things are set up and ready.
Let's take a "short" tour.

Mazie's embroidered scrape, scrape blankie from her Auntie Danielle

Antique bird cage covered in decorative plant berries.

I bought this cute plain photo frame and added the 3 feathers to represent our new family :)
Below it is a jar from my friend Kathryn. It's called a "Feather Jar" and it's for Mazie to collect different feather's throughout her childhood.
Mazie also has 2 bunny friends from both her Grandma's awaiting her arrival.
Here are the shelves Jeremy made. Sitting on them are cute feather and berry jars I made and also a little friend waiting for her arrival.


My Belly Book (Jeremy gave it to me as a wedding gift last year) I have been working on it every week to document photo's and pregnancy experiences I have been going through.
Some more friends waiting for Mazie to hurry and get here.
* A little story about the green dragon off to the right. If you know Disney movies (my sister in laws) ha!
This is Elliot from "Pete's Dragon". I've had him since I was about 3 years old. He was my favorite stuffed animal and my mom told me I took him everywhere. I remember combing his hair and talking to him all the time. His hands used to be connected by some string. I remember cutting the string to let his arms drop to the side and be free. I did it because I wanted him to hug me and hold his hand.
It's amazing that I still have him and I can pass him on to my little girl.
I hope she will cherish and love him as much as I did.

Mazie's comfy bassinet and blankie.

The best part of the room is her dresser/closet. Jeremy and I found this beat up dresser for sale online and bought it for $60. He then fixed the broken edges, fixed the trim, sanded and stained the dresser. It looks brand new. Jeremy loves us! And he loves fixing and making things out of wood.

We can't wait to see a little baby in that pack n play waking us up in the middle of the night, pooping her diaper and smiling at us every morning.

Love,
Kristin

p.s. Her little dresser/closet is now pouring out with clothes, hair bows, blankets, cloths, bibs and shoes. Thanks to all of my friends and family supporting us with wonderful gifts for Mazie. Also, thanks to my mom for bringing everything from California to Utah for us this past weekend. We made it work!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...