Monday, August 29, 2011

37 Week Appointment (This Sucks)

We went on our 37 week appointment last week. Jeremy and I really wanted an ultra sound and good thing we asked for one. We found out that little Mazie is breech. Ugh! Seriously. My doctor started to talk to us about options on turning her when I am in labor, which means I will have to get an epidural in order to relax my muscles or the dreaded c-section. A lot of my family and friends who know me knew I wanted to go completely natural. THIS SUCKS! I feel very scared and disappointed. My pregnancy has been such a breeze up to this point. I'm scared of the doctor turning her because he said this can always cause complications and when it comes to the big C word, I just don't want that at all. Well I have 3 more weeks to turn this baby girl myself. My schedule starting today is to consistently lay on my back with my pelvis propped up about a foot. I've read that this needs to be done 3 times a day. I know these are old "wives tales", but I am willing to try anything just so I can stay away from that operating table.
But mostly, I am putting all of my faith in God. I know he knows what's best for Mazie and I. I just want her to be born safely.
I would try this, but I am holding to much weight right now.
So I am basically doing this:
Except with a bunch of pillows supporting my pelvis higher off the ground.

Here is little Mazie's profile, the Doctor says she looks good and that makes us happy.
He estimated her weight at 6 lbs 14 oz!
And look, she's blowing bubbles. So Cute!
Mazie, let's make mommy happy and turn for me.
I promise I will feed you as much as you want when you are born. Even when I am tired.
Love,
Kristin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...